Terms and Conditions
The terms below will apply to your booking. We would request that you read them carefully and contact us by telephone or email if you have any questions.
Room Hire at Ayton House
1. Your contract is with us, Ayton House Limited, which is a Private Limited company (company number 8831767) of 11-17 Ayton Road, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 0QQ.
2. In these terms, "booking" means for any event for which you want to hire the venue, "services" means any facilities relating to your booking which we agree to provide to you, "venue" means the specific meeting room and all other areas at Ayton House where your booking is agreed to be held.
Making your booking
3. We may agree to you making a provisional booking with us, but this is not legally binding on either you or us unless and until a contract is formed in accordance with paragraphs 4 and 5.
4. If, after receiving our quotation for your booking, you want to make a firm booking with us, you should sign and return to us either by post or email, the booking form as soon as possible.
5. A legally binding contract is only formed between you and us when we accept and countersign your unaltered signed booking contract. No booking contract shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we do so.
Your booking package
6. The general content of your booking package shall be as set out in your quotation, or as otherwise subsequently agreed with us in writing. We may finalise details (for example, the times of refreshment breaks and exact times for meals) with you in the period leading up to your conference.
7. If, after our contract with you is formed, you ask us to provide additional services or facilities of a kind that we normally provide, we will try to do so, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your request.
8. By entering into a contract with us, you accept responsibility for paying all charges due to us under the contract.
9. Payment must be received 3 weeks prior to the date of the booking taking place.
10. Additional services supplied on the day the booking takes place, that were not originally ordered, will be invoiced and payment will be due within 7 days of receipt.
You must confirm final catering numbers no later than 7 working days prior to the booking taking place. If the actual catering numbers fall beneath the minimum number set out in our quotation, we will still charge you for the minimum number.
11. Unless stated otherwise, all charges are exclusive of VAT which (if applicable) you must also pay us at the standard rate applicable at the date of your conference.
12. Please ensure that we are informed of any special requirements of guests / delegates at the time you make your booking application, or if this is not possible then as soon as possible afterwards.
13. Unless we agree otherwise, only food and drinks supplied by us may be consumed at the venue or within our other premises.
14. You must comply with, and ensure that your delegates comply with, all of our reasonable instructions relating to health, safety and security.
15. You must not, and you must ensure that your delegates do not, cause a nuisance to anyone using or visiting our premises, which includes going into other areas of our premises which we may have hired to others. We reserve the right to require any person who causes such a nuisance to vacate our premises immediately.
Cancellation by you, or a reduction in the number of your delegates
16. If you want to cancel or postpone a confirmed booking, or to reduce the number of delegates for whom you have agreed to pay any charges on a "per head" basis, you must do so in writing and the provisions in paragraphs 17 will apply. If you do not notify us in writing of any cancellation, postponement or reduction, you must for the avoidance of doubt pay all our charges for your booking package in full, even if not all services and/or facilities are used.
17. Cancellations and refunds
Length of time before the first scheduled day Cancellation charge:
of the booking:
Over 6 weeks No Charge
4 to 6 weeks 25% of the total booking package charge
3 to 4 weeks 50% of the booking package charge
2 to 3 weeks 75% of the booking package charge
Less than 2 weeks 90% of the booking package charge
Cancellation by us
18. We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to you if: (a) you do not pay us any requested advance
payment by the time required of you; or (b) we discover that you have
deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given us incorrect
information, about your intended conference in circumstances where (if you had
not done so) we would not have accepted your booking.
Events outside our control
19. Except as set out in this paragraph 19, we shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to the venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall use reasonable endeavours to help you find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid in advance towards your booking package.
Limitation of our liability to you
20. Subject to paragraph 21, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total amount of money payable to us for your booking package. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
21. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Your liability to us
22. You agree to compensate us in full for any and all losses and liabilities we incur or suffer as a result of injury to any person or damage to any property caused by you or any of your guests/delegates.
Changes by us to your booking package
23. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that no components of your booking package have to be altered. However, we reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of practice, or to make other minor changes which we reasonably believe will not be to the detriment of your booking and which will not increase the charges payable.
24. We will notify you of any significant changes covered by paragraph 23, but unless the change is one which materially affects the nature of your booking package we will not offer a refund, costs or compensation.
25.Ayton House and grounds are a non-smoking zone.
Services provided by other parties
26. We may at your request and at our sole discretion arrange for a service to be provided for your benefit by another person or organisation. However, any resulting contract will be between you and the person or organisation providing the service, and you are responsible for paying their charges directly. We accept no responsibility for their performance of the service and you should take up any complaints with them directly.
27. We reserve the right not to allow onto our premises any third parties supplying services to you in connection with your conference who do not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety and welfare of property and people at the venue.
28. No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
29. All written communications by you to us must be sent by post to Ayton House Ltd, 11-17 Ayton Road, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 0QQ or by email to: [email protected]
30. These terms shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.